You are welcoming a member of the family for a short time ? A friend living on the other side of the country visits you ? Or maybe you just want to make a great impression to your Airbnb guests.
From what I appreciated while I was myself on a trip, I built this list full of ideas for a guestroom basket.
Is your basket for a long or a short stay ? How many people will sleep at your space ? Plan the size of your basket accordingly. The reason of the stay is also a good guideline. Is the guest back from a 6 h flight ? Water and snacks will be appreciated. Is your friend staying home after partying with you in the city ? Makeup remover and Advil would save the day.
Finally finding some rest after a long flight and stressful transits, visitors will be glad to find
- Fresh cold water
- Keys and a note on how to use them
- House rules
- Map of the neighborhood with important addresses
- A little snack for the tired traveler in need of a sugar rush (Fruits, nuts, granola bar)
- Wifi password
For longer stay, or just because you feel like it, you may want to add
- Hand lotion
- Hand sanatizer
- Map of the subway
- Restaurants tip
- Secret spots list
- A table book about your country
- Traditional sweets from your country
- A gift card from your local bakery
- A poncho for rainy weather, gloves for cold winters or sunscreen for hot climates
- A small bottle of wine
For a great first-impression and to make your guests feel welcomed a thoughtful basket is key !
What else would you put in the basket ?